PREVIEW: Airpower Over Altus 2017
In the very Southwestern corner of the state of Oklahoma, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, sits a United States Air Force installation that is the cradle of America’s all-important global reach for our nation’s armed forces.
That installation is named Altus Air Force Base, home of the 97th Air Mobility Wing.
On September 9th 2017, Altus AFB will be celebrating it’s 75th Anniversary and the 70th Anniversary of the United States Air Force and you are invited join in on the celebration!
The activity list is chock full of airborne demonstrations, flyovers, static display aircraft, ground displays, food and drink vendors, and airshow souvenir vendors. For those military patch and challenge coin collectors, you often find units selling their squadron swag.
This will no doubt be a historic Altus air show you definitely do not want to miss!
The list of airborne acts (in no particular order) include:
- Tora! Tora! Tora! ~ A re-enactment of the December 7th 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor.
- B-17 Flying Fortress fly over
- Miss America P-51 Mustang Demo
- P-40 Warhawk
- ‘Doc’ B-29 Superfortress fly over
- ‘Wings Of Blue’ USAF Parachute Team
- L-29 Czech Training aircraft aerial display
- ‘The Alabama Boys’ J-3 Cub aerobatic display
- United States Air Force Academy Soar Team Aerobatic Glider display
- ‘Trojan Phlyers’ T-28 Trojan aerobatic display
- C-47 Skytrain fly over
- De Havilland DH-115 aerobatic display
- Douglas B-25 Mitchell bomber fly over
- Douglas A-26 Invader fly over
- MiG-17 aerobatic display
- C-17 Globemaster III demo
- KC-135 Stratotanker demo
- 2017 United States Air Force Thunderbirds
The list of aircraft to be on static display (in no particular order) include:
- KC-10 Extender
- T-1 Jayhawk
- F-15E Strike Eagle
- A-10C Thunderbolt II
- CV-22 Osprey
- T-6A Texan II
- F-16 Fighting Falcon
- C-5 Galaxy
- B-1B Lancer bomber
- Twin Otter utility aircraft
- B-52H Stratofortress bomber
- MC-130H Combat Talon
- MQ-1 Predator drone
- T-38C Talon
- A-10C Thunderbolt II
- HH-60 Pave Hawk
- C-17 Globemaster III
- KC-135R Stratotanker
- And the Altus AFB Airshow headliners… The 2017 United States Air Force Thunderbirds.
Ground Displays (in no particular order) include:
- USAF KC-46 simulator
- Ft. Sill Military Working Dogs
- C-17 Globemaster III simulator
- Southwestern Oklahoma “Grow Your Own Mechanic”
- USAF Special Operations simulator
- USAF Association
- U.S. Army HIMARS and Patriot Missile display
- U.S. Army Cavalry display
- Veterans of Foreign Wars display
- U.S. Army Recruiters
- USAF Recruiters
- USAF Recruiting Performance Lab
All airborne acts, static display aircraft and ground displays are subject to change with little or no notice!
For the most current and up to date airshow information and details please visit:
See You There!!!
Click on an image below to page or swipe through the gallery: